Friday 13 July 2012

White-rumped Sandpiper and Turtle Dove

Returning from A week in Rhodes, I came back to the news of A White-rumped Sandpiper at Frampton Marsh. I decided to make the trip with the appeal of A Black-necked Grebe a year tick but my first in summer plumage. Also Green Sandpiper and Wood Sandpiper of note. Popped into Gib Point. I have never been before and it's a very nice reserve although not to much around 3 Greenshank and 2 Ruff coming out of summer plumage was the best. I also went to Theddlethorpe dunes to look for Turtle Dove, I was directed by another birder and thankfully I did get onto one after hearign them call. Then onto Covenham where I got 3 Common Sandpiper which made it a 4 Sandpiper day. 2 lifers, 3 year ticks, 130 miles well worth it.

Avocet nest at Gib Point

In this picture you can see the pair are trying to bilt up the nest with small rocks and shells, The adult on the right has flicked a small rock towards the nest.

Meadow Pipit

Turtle Dove

I saw a dead seagull at Covenham Res and angles myself so the poppies were in the foreground, I have fallen for this image. Sligh maipulation of colours to make the image "colder"

No comments:

Post a Comment