Friday 11 January 2013

Gibraltar Point 07/01/13

With the appeal of Rough-legged Buzzard I decided to go to Gibraltar Point in Skeggness for the day. On route I saw 2 Barn Owls at Burgh-le-Marsh. Upon arrival I went to Mill Hill where I had my best chance of seeing the RLB, I managed to pick out the bird before reacing the Hill as I watched it hovering close ot the mere. I saw the bird on and off all day. Also of note was 1 Snow Bunting, 2 Snipe, Siskin and Lesser Redpoll. The light was dull so sat in one of the hides with 5000 lapwing in the air I tried some arty photos. Left Gib Point at about half 1 and whent onto Saltfletby to see if I could find the reported Swans. I managed 31 Whooper's, 3 Bewick's and 2 Mute's. Popped into Bradly Woods to see if I could find some Treecreper and Nuthatch and did which took my year list to 99.
Part of a flock of Lapwing
 
Motion Blur Lapwings
 
Brent Geese
 
Snow Bunting
 
Snow Bunting

No comments:

Post a Comment