Saturday 16 June 2012

Macro Studio

I have built a small studio in the spare room, this is going to be used mainly for moths. I only have 2 perches at the moment. You may recognise the one below. I'm always on the look out for new perches and ideas for them. My studio set up is My Canon 7D, 100mm IS USM Marcro, 2 Tripods, 1 580X II Speedlite with off camera chord and wireless shutter release. I use G-clamps, blu-tac and sellotape to keep the perches in place. Macro Photography is quickly becoming my favourite as Bird photography is very frustrating at times. Especially with the bad weather of late, so being able to stay at home and spend 2 hours on a few moth shots is much more practical and a lot less wet !
Buff Ermine
Not quite sure what this is only that it is a paracitic wasp type insect. This came out of what I thought was 5 Spot Burnett moth


I also found a Poplar Hawk Moth, Beautifull moth ! Can't wait to get my moth trap up and running.


These Next to images show how important reflectors are. The image below I didn't use a reflector but the one below that I did. My reflector is just cardboard wrapped in Foil.


The wasp came out of this

Poplar Hawk Moth

No comments:

Post a Comment